Senior Project Estimator
MBW Construction, LLC provides design-build expertise at the national level, offering solutions for food processing, industrial manufacturing, cold storage and warehousing, and commercial construction projects. Seeking a Senior Project Estimator to accurately estimate the work of specific projects by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Work with engineers and project managers to ensure effective proposals that reflect quality, safety, and productivity. Support the Director Project Development, and Preconstruction Manager proactively assisting with all aspects of the preconstruction phase.
What you do!
- Ensure timely estimates and submission of proposals with an emphasis on cost, schedule, and scope of work accuracy.
- Develop, manage, and approve complete, thorough, and accurate electronic quantity and cost take-offs.
- Handle multiple projects from receipt of RFP to bid submission.
- Develop and review and understand request for quotation (RFQ) documents, write an accurate job scope of work, determine required resources, and identify any items that may present problems.
- Collaborate with management team to pre-qualify contract language, safety requirements, and request for proposal (RFP) clarifications to minimize internal costs during the proposal/bidding process.
- Develop and manage safety requirements, local building codes, and tax information for each project per location.
- Attend customer pre-bid meetings as needed with focus on investigating site conditions (ground conditions, access to work areas and other work on the equipment) to mitigate cost overruns during the execution of work, etc.
- Manage site walk-throughs and document items observed and discussed with the client or key specialty contractors up to point of bid submission.
- Understand, discuss, and create bid packages for the various suppliers and subcontractors required.
- Manage and approve qualified sub bids with care to ensure scope of work required is covered within bid.
- Review and approve data in bid forms, create detailed qualifications and assemble bid packages.
- Help build mutually rewarding relationships with potential clients, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Update and modify estimating database with cost data as required.
- Review and approve bid list including identifying and prequalifying subs and suppliers.
- Participate in handoff meetings with Project Development and Project Management teams.
What you need!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or in Construction Management is preferred.
- 5 years proven experience in construction industry.
- Solid understanding of construction industry, jobsite safety requirements, contract management, planning, scheduling, budgets, and relevant technology.
- High level of fluency reading plans, specifications, and related project documents.
- Key competencies are leadership, initiative, communication, teamwork, managing for results and coaching/mentoring.
- Familiarity with construction / project management software. (Procore, Microsoft Project, MS Office suite, etc.)
Physical/Mental Requirements: • Uses personal computer approximately 6-8 hours per day. • Uses telephone and email to communicate with consultants, contractors and coworkers, approximately 5-6 hours per day. • Sits approximately 6-8 hours per day. • Ability to travel up to 25%..
What you get!
- Market competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for insurance
- Supplement insurance plans
- 401k with employer matching
- Vehicle allowance
- Paid Time Off
- Incentive compensation bonus
- Relocation Assistance available
If you have a successful career in project estimation, become part of MBW Construction, LLC to join our team in North Sioux City, Iowa!