Senior Project Manager
MBW Construction, LLC provides design-build expertise at the national level, offering solutions for food processing, industrial manufacturing, cold storage and warehousing, and commercial construction projects. Seeking a Senior Project Manager to be a key leadership role to ensure projects are successfully managed from start to finish and is the primary keeper of client relationships. The Senior Project Manager is responsible to guide and mentor Project Managers and Project Engineers. This position will collaborate frequently with the Vice President of Project Development and Director of Field Operations plus this role has the opportunity to advance to an executive leadership position.
What you do!
- Holds key responsibility for client management and the ultimate success of the Project Team.
- Participate in final contract negotiations to assure that scope of supply, cost constraints, guarantees and schedules are clearly defined before project is made a “GO”
- Meet project objectives, recognizing customer’s needs and seek to satisfy the customer within the scope of contract
- Understand fully the key technical & commercial aspects of the project (i.e. contract agreement, scope of work, work processes, schedule, budget and PM means & methods) necessary to plan and execute the project effectively
- Meet with client regularly and provide necessary communication to attain the above responsibilities by holding project meetings, resolving issues thru collaboration with customers, sub-suppliers, site management and interface with customer to keep them informed of progress or problems as required to attain objectives
- Manages overall project budgets and profitability; analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to targets.
- Creates or reviews various aspects of project strategy, including contract review, bid package strategy, subcontractor team selection, estimating strategy and more.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to Project Team and establishes project strategy.
- Continuously reviews project teams’ work against plans and progress toward targets.
- Facilitate project close-out to ensure all obligations are met and agreed to
- Establishes operational initiatives to improve delivery of projects in all areas including: collaboration with design, subcontractors and other third parties.
- Facilitates Project Team members’ individual career development and growth.
- Mediates internal and external conflicts to reflect MBW values.
- Cultivates relationships with clients, engineers, subcontractors, and a broad range of industry organizations.
- Supports broader business development and corporate endeavors as needed.
- Promotes and reinforces safety work practices in accordance with MBW or customer policies and governing regulations and standards at the work site
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the company
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you need!
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, or related field; 5+ years relevant experience; or the equivalent of education and experience to meet the essential functions of the position.
- In-depth analysis of construction drawings, specifications, and shop drawings, scheduling, Procore, Sage Estimating, and other software applications.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to build strong culture within project teams.
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to present to groups.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to provide written proposals.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to effectively mentor and guide others.
- Strong understanding of construction safety and commitment to MBW’s safety program.
- Ability to draw from experience to provide conceptual cost and schedule analysis.
- Strong understanding and experience with budgeting and cost management.
- Deep understanding of planning and scheduling for construction projects and teams.
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills with solution-oriented mindset.
- Ability to lead through change and encourage innovation.
- Proficient with technology and computer systems for: scheduling, cost estimating, cost accounting, electronic plan management. Ability to adapt to new hardware and software systems and other new technology.
- Ability to interpret contracts and identify key components for contract negotiations.
- Knowledge of external market factors and conditions that impact the construction process.
- Strong planning and scheduling skills.
- Uses personal computer approximately 6-8 hours per day.
- Uses telephone and email to communicate with consultants, contractors and coworkers, approximately 5-6 hours per day.
- Sits approximately 6-8 hours per day.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
What you get!
- Market competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for insurance
- Supplement insurance plans
- 401k with employer matching
- Vehicle allowance
- Paid Time Off
- Incentive compensation bonus
- Relocation Assistance Available
If you have a successful career as a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager, become part of MBW Construction, LLC to join our team in North Sioux City (preferred location) or Des Moines, IA location!